Belfast, July 2020
We’re a strategic design & development studio based in Cathedral Quarter, Belfast (although working remotely for now, obvs).
You’ve probably never heard of us. We keep our heads down, and we’re deliberately small — there are 8 of us, total, so if you work with us you'll really get to make your mark here.
We have a design & development studio in Cathedral Quarter, Belfast.
A bit about you.
If you’re our new Front End Developer, you’ll be working on digital products, apps and responsive websites for a variety of brilliant clients. If you were here this week, you’d be working on a lovely new website for a Precision Medicine platform, and helping us build a top secret digital product that’ll help Emergency Rooms all over Europe.
We’ll trust you to work alongside our designers and back-end developers to build beautiful, meticulously-coded web apps and websites that people love. We’ll work alongside you to help define user experiences that meet the needs of our clients by serving the needs of their users.
You may or may not have any design training — either way, you’ll care about every last design pattern, on every type of screen (even mobile landscape!). You’ll love responsive design like your own (sometimes annoying, sometimes delightful, always beautiful) child.
You’ll be great to work alongside. That’s important.
The right person must have:
- Really solid HTML/CSS skills
- Experience of delivering responsive websites to a very high standard
- A working knowledge of cross-browser compatibility issues, and how to work around them
- Experience in page weight optimisation techniques
- Serious problem-solving skills
- The desire to learn more
- Proof that you have a legal right to work and live in the UK
The right person should have:
- Experience with PostCSS, Sass or similar
- Good knowledge of CSS animation (and good taste to go with it)
- Experience of working as part of a busy team, in an agency or digital product setting
It'd also be nice if they had:
- The ability to read and understand code in other languages, especially Ruby on Rails
- Experience in working with SVG animations
- Experience with Haml
If you work with us, you'll have:
- A good salary
- Good working hours
- Private healthcare
- Good tools — fast Macs with lots of big screens
- A nice new iPhone every few years
- 35 holiday days (25 + stats)
- A matched pension
- A strict 35 hour working week — 40 if you include lunch. (We work hard, do great work, then we go home.)
We're an equal opportunities employer, natch
No recruitment agencies please — only real people