We’re looking for a Front End Developer
We’re a Branding & Digital agency based in Cathedral Quarter, Belfast. Our clients range from Channel 4 to Sugru, via Suki Tea, Boundary, Intel, Canon and Established Coffee.
You’ve probably never heard of us. We keep our heads down, and we’re deliberately small — there are 6 of us, total, so the successful candidate will really get to make their mark here.
We have a design & development studio in Cathedral Quarter, Belfast. People like working here, but we’re pretty flexible, so a mixture of in-person and remote working could work too.
A bit about you.
If you’re our new Front End Developer, you’ll be working on responsive websites, apps and digital products for a variety of brilliant clients. If you were here this week, you’d be working on a website for a brand new TV station, the redesign of an e-commerce site serving 100,000s of customers all over the world, and an environmental intelligence web app for a major technology manufacturer.
We’ll trust you to work alongside our designers and back-end developers to build beautiful, meticulously-coded websites that people love. We’ll work alongside you to help define user experiences that meet the needs of our clients by serving the needs of their users.
You may or may not have any design training — either way, you’ll care about every last pixel, on every type of screen. You’ll love responsive design like your own (sometimes annoying, sometimes delightful, always beautiful) child.
You’ll be great to work alongside. That’s important.
The right person must have:
- Really solid HTML / CSS skills
- Experience of delivering responsive web design projects to a very high standard
- A good knowledge of cross-browser compatibility issues, and how to work around them
- Experience in page weight optimisation techniques
- Serious problem-solving skills
- The desire to learn more
The right person should have:
- Experience with Sass or similar
- Good knowledge of CSS animation (and good taste to go with it)
- Experience of working as part of a busy team, in an agency or digital product setting
It’d also be nice if they had:
- Experience in server-side image optimisation scripts and techniques
- The ability to read and understand code in other languages, especially Ruby on Rails
- Experience in working with SVG animations
- Experience with Haml
If you work with us, we’ll give you …
- A good salary
- Good working hours
- Private healthcare
- Good tools — super-fast Macs with lots of big screens
- A nice new iPhone every two years-ish
- 25 holiday days + good stats
No recruitment agencies please — only real people.
We’re an equal opportunities employer, natch.